SPL/NAC Brain Atlas
Launch SPL/NAC Brain Atlas
The SPL/NAC Brain Atlas is an MRI-derived atlas of a normal volunteer developed through a collaboration between the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. It consists of more than three hundred structures and represents more than two decades of development.
Data of a healthy 42 year old male volunteer was acquired at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging on a Siemens 3T scanner, using a multi-array head coil, in a healthy, 42 year old male. Labels were generated using Freesurfer automatic parcellation followed by manual segmentation of many structures.
The data set consists of :
- a volumetric whole head MPRAGE series (voxel size 0.75 mm isotropic).
- a volumetric whole head T2-weighted series (voxel size 0.75 mm isotropic).
- a downsampled version of both acquisitions at 1mm isotropic resolution (displayed in the Open Anatomy Browser).
- a per-voxel labeling of the structures based on the 1mm volumes.
- a hierarchy of structures based loosely on the Radlex ontology.
Other features include:
- Michael Halle (SPL)
- Florin Talos (SPL)
- Marianna Jakab (SPL)
- Nikos Makris (CMA)
- Dominic Meier (BWH)
- Laurence Wald (MGH)
- Bruce Fischl (MGH),
- Ron Kikinis (SPL)
SPL: Surgical Planning Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
MGH: Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
CMA: Center for Morphometric Analysis, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA.
- Ilwoo Lyu and Martin Styner (Sulcal Curves)
- Samira Farough (Ventricular System)
- Ibraheem Naeem and Maria Naeem (Head and Neck Muscles)
- George Papadimitriou (Cerebellar Parcellation)
- Madiha Tahir (White Matter)
atlas, brain, MRI, multi-modality
- P41 RR013218/RR/NCRR NIH HHS/United States
- P41 EB015902/EB/NIBIB NIH HHS/United States
- This work is funded as part of the Neuroimaging Analysis Center, grant number P41 RR013218, by the NIH’s National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) grant number P41 EB015902, by the NIH’s National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) and the Google Faculty Research Award.
3D Slicer License section B.